Being who you are should be the easiest thing in the world, shouldn’t it?
Perhaps, in theory. However, I’ve found that staying true to who we are (and in fact, actually knowing our truth and authentic desires) is a ongoing commitment. It can be easy to stray off the path and get distracted by others, or life.
As children, we grow up adopting the conditioning of our parents and society, and as adults we continue to carve a path for ourselves that is influenced by the world around us.
As individuals, we are constantly evolving and changing too. It takes time and effort to create a relationship with who we are, where we feel deeply connected to our authentic self.
After all, only you can ever know if you are being completely true to who you are.
As part of my own journey of authentic living, and in my work with others; I’ve found 10 practices that help bring more authenticity into our daily lives. These are:
- Take time out every day to reflect on your experiences
- Do more of what you love and what gives you energy
- Learn to listen and act on your inner wisdom
- Pause during the day to sense how you are feeling
- Honour your emotions and experiences for what they are
- Check if your choices are being directed by your truth or someone else’s
- Use your body as a guide to gauge if a decision feels true for you
- Communicate from your authentic self instead of reacting from your thoughts
- Let go of living as you think you ‘should’ live, and instead create a life you want
- Take action on something you’ve always wanted to do, and see where it leads.
What practices do you have to ensure you create a life that is alignment with your authentic self?
Want articles + inspiration delivered to your inbox? Join here: