the next workshop is scheduled for February 2014
don’t want to miss out? sign up for free updates here
I invite you to join me…
- Feel grounded / centered in your body & self
- Cultivate deeper trust within your self & life
- Be more compassionate & gentle towards yourself
- Be comfortable in creating personal boundaries
- Feel more open & at ease with your experiences
- Feel balanced & well within who you are
- Connect with your inner knowing & true self
- Create wellbeing in your whole body.
At this workshop, you’ll be able to take a deep breath, relax into your whole body & simply ‘be’.
you have all the resources you need within you
This is a highly experiential workshop. It’s about you walking away with a felt-experience of how to…
- Listen to your body & follow it through in your life.
- Be more aware, present, engaged & energised in your body
- Feel grounded and supported in your body & life
- Reconnect with your body when you’re stuck in your head.
- Create a felt-sense of your personal space & boundaries
- Create a felt-connection with who you truly are in any moment.
- Use your breath & body to be more open within yourself & your life.
- Use movement & your body to create a trusting self-relationship.
- Use body-based awareness practices to feel at ease and well within.
I’ve created an inviting space for you to reconnect with your body and self. You’ll walk away with a more embodied, vital and supportive relationship within who you are.
what to bring + expect on the day
Come along as you are! This is a space for you to relax into a deeper, more integrated place within yourself. There will be time for rest, reflection and engagement with the group. We’ll also take a short break halfway through the workshop.
Bring yourself, along with a notepad with a pen (to capture any reflections), and a water bottle. Wear something comfortable and warm e.g. what you’d wear to a yoga or gym class. We’ll be seated on the floor and moving around a little too. Mats and cushions will be provided for your comfort.
about your facilitator, Marissa Håkansson
Marissa Håkansson is a women’s mentor with a passion for embodied living and self-healing. She supports women to connect with their whole body and true self; using that inner connection as the foundation for experiencing deeper fulfilment, meaning and expression in life.
Marissa’s approach is practical and down-to-earth; inspired by her own journey of living with a chronic illness, being out of touch with her body, feeling disconnected from others, and trapped in a life that was out of sync with who she was. Marissa is based in Sydney, Australia and works with women and groups worldwide. Find out more about Marissa at expresswhoyouare.com/about
what others are saying
“Marissa embodies embodiment with her grounded-ness and warmth. Through the workshop I experienced myself connecting deeply within. I felt my body relax and let go of all the tension it had been holding onto, without me even realising it. Marissa created a very safe space to explore and share. She was open, gentle and very authentic within herself. I highly recommend Marissa and her workshops for anyone looking to stop and connect more deeply within themselves; to deepen their relationship with their body and emotions.”
~ Jo Wagstaff | Executive Coach | jowagstaff.com.au
What I loved about this workshop is how refreshed, balanced and renewed I felt! I left feeling excited about my new sense of ‘me’ and the deeper layer of calm and connection with my body. As a naturopath, I’m always looking for extra ways to help my clients with stress and anxiety and I will have no hesitation referring others to Marissa. I’ve already recommended her workshops to a few friends. Marissa is a testament to her work and journey.
~ Laura Burton | Naturopath | burtonhealth.com.au
This workshop gave me the opportunity to be present with myself. As a result, I felt a closer connection to my body and being. It brought me to a place of calm and a space of timelessness. This workshop is great for women who are stressed, overworked and lack a connection to self. Marissa provides clear guidance and a warm, embracing space, along with great tools to deepen the connection with your inner self.
~ Naomi Rosenthal | Financial Planner | tudorinvest.com.au
connect + questions
Have a question about the workshop? Email me directly at marissa [at] expresswhoyouare [dot] com, or use the form and I’ll be touch.